Saturday, April 24, 2010

Late Hours & my First Love Package

week #10 entry #1 04/19-04/26: personal journal
Drying driftBEARs
Holy cow, it's week 10! Focus is coming to a close.  (At least writing journals is coming to a close) I still have a lot of work to do to prepare for my presentation and portfolio, which seems kind of overwhelming right now.  So it is 1:25AM and I am still up making shirts. My body is getting tired, but I honestly do not mind making the shirts.  The boring stuff is ironing, folding, and washing screens.  These are the kind of tasks I need an assistant's help with.  Anyone interested... heh... seriously? :) But, I do like making the shirts.  I have to be very careful not to get ink on the rest of the shirt and I get to fill in spots where there isn't enough paint with a paintbrush.  However, lately it has been exhausting.  I have had Calliope (the literary arts magazine) meetings everyday late after school.  I am so lucky I have not had a lot of other assignments due recently.  I screened 8 shirts tonight!  I need to make a bunch more. I want to finish ironing and folding those in addition to creating a few new ones.

I got my first love package! Two of my blog readers, Austen and her mom, have been following driftwear since the beginning.  Austen said "Congratulations on your launch!" and handed me a package.  I was awfully surprised to receive any driftwear love token.  I didn't know anyone was as excited as me about the launch! I am so happy to have such supportive fans.  But anyways... the gift was in an Anthropologie bag and I knew it had to be good.  Inside was a beautiful notebook with paper made in India bound with beautiful mustard color thread with twig colored pencils.  The gifts were so cool and so driftwear.  I totally loved them and hope to sketch out the Summer line in the notebook!
1st driftwear Love Package

I am trying to keep driftwear in people's heads and stimulate my fans so I also thought it'd be a cool idea to see how different people style their driftwear t-shirts.  So I have a contest to be posted on the website: driftwear How do you rock your driftwear tee? Upload a photo and have a chance to be showcased on the driftwear website! So post a picture on the driftwear fan page for a chance to be featured on driftwear.com.  Thanks everyone for your support. I really appreciate it. After seeing how many sales I had in one week, I was so psyched. You guys are the best.

Drift on,
Isabella

3 comments:

Amarettogirl said...

this was just so sweet and so wonderful - congrats!

zafar said...

Top Most Expensive Cars, Top Most popular and Speed Cars with stylish and Beautiful Pictures.
worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

zafar said...

World Wide Online jobs from home, part time online jobs, data entry jobs and copy pasting jobs
www.jobzcorner.com