Monday, April 19, 2010

10PM Nightmare

week #9 entry #1 04/12-04/19: personal journal
(source: here)

My shop was supposed to open tonight at 10:00PM. I cannot put into words my frustration as the clock ticks to 10:54.  This morning, Chris finished the site.  I was so excited after being woken up at 5:20 from him asking for more pictures.  The adrenaline rushed through me as I uploaded pictures for Chris.  I couldn’t fall back asleep.  Around 10:30AM my site was up and running, but not on purpose.  Chris did an amazing job and I was so excited.  I disabled the site for a bit.  Then around the middle of the day, friends told me that my site was up.  This was news to me, as I thought I had disabled it.  So I tried my hand at disabling it again this afternoon.  That is when I royally screwed up the site.  Somehow one host site mixed with another and driftwear.com was nothing but a page of godaddy scams.  It was only about 4 minutes to 10 when I realized that my site wouldn’t work.  I tried not to panic and calmly tried to forward the host to driftwear, but this was not working and was processing.  I franticly texted Chris and he couldn’t figure out the source of the problem.  After a phone call with GoDaddy, he informed me that it could take up to 48 hours for the real site to be fordwarded to the driftwear.com URL.

I am so disappointed.  I updated my facebook status and the driftwear status with: “due to technical difficulties the driftwear site will be temporarily hosted at http://mysite.verizon.net/bizs6vp3/drift/index.html“ That is what the site looks like and everyone who saw it loved it, but it still stinks.  I had about 15 people text/IM/e-mail me that the page wasn’t working.  I felt like I had not only let down myself, but my friends and supporters as well.  I know it will all work out fine and the website will work, but I have been leading up to this day for so long and I have gained excitement from supporters, and I don’t want to mess it up now.

Tomorrow I think I'll sleep in.  I only got 5 hours of sleep last night because of FOCUS.  I also need to print a few shirts, because I got some orders tonight. I'd be nice to deliver some on Wednesday.  Plus, I have to order some more Small mens and womens tees.  Hopefully things will pick up before next time. I know they will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know everything will pick up for you and as the proud winner of the Drift Wear T-Shirt Contest I will wear the shirt proudly. You deserve all the support you need with such an ingenious idea.