Wednesday, February 17, 2010

inspiration

week #3 entry #1 02/14 - 02/21

I've been dreaming a lot lately. I've been skimming through old Urban Outfitters, Free People, and Anthropologie catalogs to form my inspiration book. Conclusion: I have image of this whimsical, almost midsummer night's dream-esque fantasy. However, it may all change when I decide on a name. Words that come to mind:
  • natural
  • free-spirited
  • a little romantic
  • whimsical, dreamy
  • fun and not too serious
Photo from Fondly Seen, Moodboard, {frolic!},and originally published in Elle Decoration.

When it comes to places for a photoshoot, I thought a beautiful greenhouse (photo from here) would be wonderful, or some sort of fort, perhaps make an outdoor bed with lots of rugs and blankets. Definitely somewhere colorful because it will be a spring collection. Flowers! Lots of flowers. I'm thinking baggy, dark, beautiful denim or belted khaki shorts paired with the crisp white shirts and perhaps black ink on the shirts. Ahhhh, gorgeous. Barefoot models with a summer-glow. Girls with minimal make-up. I'm getting ahead of myself. More to come..

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ooh that sounds lovely! Can't wait to see what you come up with:) Thanks for the link.

colin a. said...

yo dude! If you're thinking about a fort as your photo spot, you should look on youtube at the music video "Charles (the red one)" by Magic Weapon. It's super beautiful, and has some fort scenes that I thought of immediately.